It's been raining here for about four days straight now and it's driving me batshit crazy. As I type this, a thunderstorm has rolled in and the rain is no longer gently tapping on the roof but pounding against the windows. The thunder has set off the crazy dog and she is huddled over my feet, seizing in fear and whining. We both want some damn sunshine, thank you very much. I want to go play in the dirt and plant stuff. Or sit on the deck under the gently warming sun, drinking a bottle of wine as I think about planting stuff. After all, planning takes as much energy as executing, if done right. Supposedy this grey and drizzly mess might end sometime in the next millenium.
The rain has been like steroids for the garden however and this morning, whilst I procrastinated about getting ready for work, I went to check on the progress of the plants that seem to thrive despite my blatant neglect. It was worth arriving late to the office because Hey! Wisteria blooming and OOhhhh! Look at that color and Wow! The Hosta's have unfurled and Oh! Lilacs!
These lovely blooms seduced me out of my morning routine with their siren song of color and demanded, just by being there, that I grab my camera and take as many pictures as possible so the internet could partake of their loveliness.
There is indeed something about raindrops on flower petals.

No comments:
Post a Comment